The seventh annual HOWL-O-WEEN will be on October 24, 2020. Given the COVID-19 pandemic the event will look a little bit different this year. We have decided to call it HOWL-O-WEEN v2020. It will feature an online pet costume photo contest, trivia, bingo, a scavenger hunt (all virtually on Zoom) and more!
October 24, 2020
The first ever virtual edition of "Unleashed. Uncorked. Unframed." was a rousing success - raising over $106,000 for local animal welfare!
August 22, 2020
Check back soon as we add new events frequently!
Franklin’s Friends hosted the 7th annual Unleashed. Uncorked. Unframed. - and the first ever virtual version - on August 22, 2020 (postponed from May 16, 2020). The event was a rousing success, exceeding all expectations of a spectacular, one-of-a-kind, interactive virtual gala!
WESH 2 News anchors Jason Guy and Michelle Imperato returned to emcee the gala which featured live and silent auctions, trivia and chat features, and inspirational videos. Ticket holders picked up their catered meal curbside and the event was livestreamed from 174 separate devices! All told, we raised over $106,000 for Franklin’s Friends and local animal welfare!
Thank you to all our sponsors, attendees, donors, and volunteers. We could have never pulled off this pioneering and unprecedented event without you! The local animal welfare community needs us now more than ever during this difficult time. Thank you for embracing the "new normal" and helping us to raise money for this important cause!
During these unprecedented times, Central Florida animal welfare needs our help more than ever. We hope you will embrace the "new normal" and join us to raise money for this important cause!
Make sure to save the date - May 15, 2021 - for next year's gala!
Franklin’s Friends is proud to present the seventh annual HOWL-O-WEEN on October 24, 2020. Given the COVID-19 pandemic, the event will look a little bit different this year. We've decided to call it HOWL-O-WEEN v2020 - and we think it will be a ton of fun for the whole family!
1. Peer to peer fundraising is live NOW!
Create your personal or team fundraising page and start emailing your friends and family to support your efforts. There will be prizes for top individual fundraisers and top team fundraisers. Register to fundraise now!
2. Our first annual online Pet Costume Photo contest is now LIVE!
Enter your dog or cat's photo now! Then ask friends and family to vote for your pet's photo. The entry fee is just $5 for each photo and votes are just $1 each. We anticipate fierce competition as the dog photo and cat photo with the most votes will be featured in Franklin's Friends' 2022 calendar! We also have fabulous prizes for the second and third place dog and cat photos. Voting closes at 9 am October 24. Click for full rules.
3. Our first ever HOWL-O-WEEN Zoom Background Contest is now accepting submissions!
Create your scariest, funniest, cutest, or downright silliest Zoom background. Email us a screenshot of your pet or yourself (or both) in front of your Zoom background. The winner will receive a mug personalized with their background photo and the runner up will receive a mouse pad personalized with their zoom background photo!! No fee to enter. Click for full rules and instructions.
4. On October 24 at 10 am, WMMO's Denise Ryan will return to emcee HOWL-O-WEEN
We will join a MASSIVE zoom call (with our pets in full costume). Access to the Zoom meetup will be $5 per person - but individuals who raise (or donate) $50 via peer to peer fundraising OR the pet photo contest and packs who raise (or donate) $500 via peer to peer fundraising OR the pet photo contest will get free access. We will vote for best HOWL-O-WEEN Zoom backgrounds. We will play trivia and bingo, participate in a virtual scavenger hunt, and more! Costume contest winners will be announced as well as top individual and team fundraisers. CLICK HERE to purchase Zoom meetup registrations.
The event will also livestream for free from the event website but you won't be able to interact with the emcee and other guests and participate in the engaging virtual fun!
Either way, this will be an event not to be missed!
REGISTER NOW TO FUNDRAISE!
· Follow these instructions to create your virtual background
· If you are using your laptop camera to join zoom the best image size is 1920 x 1080
· We will accept Zoom background images only - no videos
· Email a screenshot of you or your pet(s) or both in front of your zoom background to email@example.com by 5 pm October 23
1. Log on to your zoom account
2. Click “host meeting with video on” from the website or “new meeting” from the app
3. Enter full screen (upper right)
4. Take a screen shot of you or your pet(s) or both in front of the background (Press Command, Shift, and 3 together on a Mac or PrtScn or Fn and PrtScn together on a PC)
5. This works best if you have a green screen behind you as Zoom subtracts out your real background
and replaces it with your virtual background
6. If you don’t have a green screen any solid color background will work
7. If you don’t. have a solid color background just be sure your clothes do not have any of the colors in
the virtual background
· No fee to enter
· Voting will occur on the HOWL-O-WEEN Zoom meeting that starts October 24 at 10 am
· The winner will receive a mug personalized with their Zoom background photo
· The runner up will receive a mouse pad personalized with their Zoom background photo
· By submitting a photo you grant Franklin’s Friends the right to reproduce and display it without further notification.
· Franklin’s Friends reserves the right to disqualify any submissions including profanity, obscene images, or derogatory language
· Please provide photo/ credit if you do not own the background image
· The winner(s) will be notified on the Zoom meeting and/or by email